Every girl needs a good pair of sneakers and if you love simple and minimal but still chic and stylish looks, a couple of black ones should be right up your alley. I personally prefer black sneakers over white ones just because they don’t get as dirty as white ones but the thing about black sneakers is that, sometimes, they can look so boring. If you have the same dilemma as mine, check out these gorgeous ideas on how you can take black sneakers to the next level.
- With an all black outfit – something about an all black look can make you go from drab to fab real quick. Black is such a versatile, sophisticated color and it is so easy to pull off a monochromatic look with it. Black sneakers are perfect for giving your all black look that cool and laidback but not too overly casual vibe.
- With an athleisure vibe – athleisure is one of the hottest and newest trends in the fashion world today. It’s basically a combination of athletic style and leisurely elegance. If you’re not sure how these two styles fare together, you can check out Kendall and Gigi Hadid who are some of the best style stars out there to channel the trend.
- Opt for platform style black sneakers – if you’re not into the whole athletic / sporty look, go for platform style black sneakers instead. These are super hot and trendy right now and they’re very easy to mix and match with any outfit and easy to pull off, too.
- With a dress – if the idea of wearing sneakers with a dress still overwhelms you, you can try pairing up your frock with black sneakers. Black sneakers tend to look a bit more dressy and less athletic compared to other styles / colors making them perfect for wearing with a dress.
- Slip on style – another way to wear your black sneakers if you’re not a fan of the athletic look is to go for a more casual pair like slip ons. These are gorgeous and can be worn with just about anything. They’re easy to dress up or dress down, too, depending on the look that you’re going for.
- Back to black basics – for the true minimalists, nothing beats the combination of black sneakers and a good ol’ pair of jeans and a basic top. This combo, while super simple, is chic and stylish and will always make a great go-to outfit.