We just got through Christmas, but there are still New Year’s parties to come which means that weight gain isn’t going to stop anytime soon. If you’re looking for quick ways to look slimmer for the upcoming parties, you don’t have to go on crash diets. Instead, focus on looking for the right pieces to wear to help make you look slimmer. Here are some tips on how you can achieve just that:
- Wear black – let’s start off with the most common tip for creating a slimmer silhouette — wearing black. Black is the ultimate color for looking slim. Rocking an all-black outfit from head to toe is a guaranteed way to lose up to five pounds in an instant. Just don’t forget to accessorize to keep your ensemble from looking dull.
- Play with proportions – playing with proportions is another genius way to dress slimmer after you’ve gained all those extra pounds during Christmas. Play your assets right and showcase your curves by wearing clothes that fit close to the skin and hide your flaws like your muffin top by wearing loose pieces of clothing.
- Lengthen your silhouette – taller gals get away with weight gain so much easier than shorter ones. Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with gams for days. Luckily, even if you’re not tall, there are ways to make yourself look taller: wear high heels, tuck your shirt in, wear waist-length cardigans and coats. Creating a longer silhouette will give the illusion that you are taller and will help take off a few pounds very easily.
- Use a belt – some people think that wearing oversized frumpy shirts is going to solve their weight gain problem and make them look slimmer. That’s wrong. Instead of going shapeless, play your assets and wear a belt. Adding shape and structure to your look can help create the illusion of a slimmer you.
- Show a bit of skin – just because you’ve added some holiday weight on doesn’t mean you should have less self-confidence. If you’re alright with showing some skin, show it! A bit of skin to distract the eyes from your problem areas can help create a slimmer and sexier silhouette.
- Make sure your undergarments fit well – the last tip I can give you for creating a slimmer looking silhouette is to make sure that your undergarments fit well. If you’ve got money to splurge, you might also want to consider buying a few high-quality pieces of shapewear.