If you’re on a tight budget and can’t just get yourself to splurge on a costume you know you’ll only be using once or twice this year, don’t fret. There are lots of Halloween looks that you can create without having to buy everything. Some of these looks don’t even require anything new at all as everything you need will be right in your closet already. One thing that you can get lots of looks out of for this Halloween is a little black dress. Jazz it up with accessories and some miscellaneous pieces and you have yourself a cute Halloween costume. Check out these Halloween costumes you can create with your little black dress.
- Audrey Hepburn – this one is an obvious inclusion in the list but we though it’s pretty chic so here we are. To get Audrey’s ever iconic look from the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s, you’ll need your LBD, some pearls, a tiara, a pair of gloves, sunglasses and a lot of class. It’s not scary or spooky or anything but that’s what’s great about Halloween today – it doesn’t always have to be scary and spooky anymore.
- Wednesday Addams – if you’re looking for something with more of that Halloween-y vibe, though, you can wear your LBD and dress up as Wednesday Addams (from the Addams Family) instead. Low pigtails, a Peter Pan Collared white shirt (to be worn underneath your LBD), Mary Jane Shoes (though any kind of black shoes would do) and a blank face – these are all you need to complete the look.
- Cruella de Vil – another rather creepy / scary Halloween costume you can create with your Little Black Dress is Cruella de Vil. You’ll need your LBD, a fur coat or a fur shrug, hair dye / chalk (black and white) or a wig), red accents and a Dalmatian pup prop (a stuffed toy would do). Put on your black and white wig / color your hair half black and half white then tease it ‘til it looks funky.
- Masquerade ball goer – who said you always have to take on a character for Halloween? If you don’t want to dress up as anyone for Halloween, you can simply dress up as yourself (going to a masquerade ball, that is). This is a perfect excuse to wear your LBD for Halloween. You’ll need a mask, of course, and other accessories to glam up your look.
- Witch – last but not least, one more look that you can pull off using your LBD is a witch. Slip it on, throw on your pointy witch hat, carry a broom and you’re good to go! You can also put a cape on for more drama. Make it more Halloween-y by going for a dramatic makeup look