Vintage fashion and style is something that the fashion world can never let go of. It has always been a good source of inspiration for many fashion lovers including designers with the biggest names. When trying to incorporate a bit more of that vintage sense into your outfit, one thing you should always do is to make sure that you create a balanced look that’s neither too vintage nor too contemporary. Here are a few ways to inject a vintage vibe to your spring look.
- Opt for modest vintage cuts and silhouettes – one of the easiest ways to add a touch of vintage to your look is to go for modest vintage cuts and silhouettes. If you’re not planning on going all out with your vintage, this is a really nice and subtle way to do so.
- Go back to the basics and upgrade a little bit – another really easy way to create a look that’s vintage and stylish is to go back and make good use of your basics to create a simple look and then accessorize with accessories that will add that vintage touch. It’s simple, it’s easy and it’s super fab.
- Try muted colors – unless you’re going for a hippy 80’s look, try to avoid ultra bright colors and go for muted colors instead. This will add that vintage look and feel to your outfit without making your outfit look too busy.
- Wear high waisted bottoms – when choosing bottoms to wear with an outfit you want to give a vintage vibe to, opting for high waisted pieces is the best way to go. It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing jeans, shorts, or skirts, as long as they’re high waisted they’re sure to give you that vintage vibe you want.
- Style it like you mean it – you can inject a hint of vintage to just about anything by simply styling it right. Tie a knot on a basic tee, roll up your sleeves or your jeans, tuck your top in your pants – these are just some of the ways to style any outfit with a vintage vibe.
- Finish up your look with vintage accessories – with vintage fashion making a huge comeback, it shouldn’t be all that hard for you to find vintage accessories. Look for a piece or two that youc an add to your look like a choker, retro sunglasses, kitten heels, and the like.