Who says school fashion is only for students? Just because you’re a teacher doesn’t mean you have to show up to work looking boring. When you think of fashion and teachers, you tend to think of something low key, conservative, plain, and basic and while there’s nothing wrong with that, a few extra pieces that make a subtle statement in your look won’t hurt either. Here are some pieces you might want to consider adding to your closet for a few stylish school outfits you can try out:
- A printed pencil skirt – pencil skirts are the holy grail of all working women who want to look professional but also style-savvy. It’s a piece that you can wear over and over again and not get sick of or outdated. A plain, basic one is great but why not inject a bit of fun into your look by opting for printed pencil skirts? They’re a great way to add some color into your look as well without going over the top.
- Black/brown classic leather belt – this is a definite must have for any teacher who loves wearing dresses that are comfy and stylish. Aside from adding a touch of class to the look, a classic leather belt also helps emphasize your curves and it also gives your outfit more shape.
- A jacket/blazer that matches your pants – on days when you feel that a suit is too formal but your regular top-and-bottom combo is just too casual, wearing a jacket or a blazer that matches your pants is a great way to subtly give off a formal-ish vibe. You know, the kind that commands respect but also says “I know my way around fashion.”
- A light cardigan – everyone has those days when their day is just so packed that they need an outfit that can take them from day to night and if the outfit you have on leans more towards the night side, you can always add more day vibes to it by layering it with a light cardigan. Adding layers adds dimension to your look and a cardigan is the perfect way to cover up, too.
- This outfit – i know we’re talking individual pieces here but this outfit, to me, is the epitome of a chic teacher. A crisp white shirt, high waisted bottoms that have just enough structure, and heels that give you a height boost – it’s something you can wear on days when you have meetings with the board, or something big happening in school.
Here are a few more outfits you can take inspiration from and put together: