If you have been following my blog now you should know that I love anything that you can pour syrup on. So I decided to master another recipe for pancakes!!! I could not think of a better childhood memory than having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I mean its sugar and salt all mixed into one big sandwich! So for these pancakes I wanted to recreate the sandwich but for breakfast. And the best part they are healthier than the real deal. So I was thinking of making whole wheat peanut butter pancakes and make the topping the jelly. But for some reason I got turned off with the thought of spreading jelly all over the pancakes. I did my research and decided to make a yogurt butter spread with raspberries! Top on some sugar free syrup on top and it was complete! Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and don’t forget you kids might like it too.
2 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
4 tsps of baking powder
1/4 cup of Splenda brown sugar blend
1/3 cup of apple sauce
3 tbsps of Smart Balance peanut butter
2 1/3 cups of water
Raspberry Yogurt Butter
1 container of Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter
1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
1. In a large bowl put the butter and raspberries in and blend it together using an electric hand mixer.
2. Once that is all blended well place it on the center edge of a large sheet of aluminum foil. Roll it up like a log in the foil and twist the ends to tighten them.
3. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes then transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use.
4. For the pancakes just mix first all the dry ingredients then mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Then on a hot non stick pan pour some batter and cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Place the pancakes on a plate when your done and then take out your butter from the refrigerator.
6. Slice two pieces of raspberry butter and place them on top of the pancakes and then add some sugar free syrup.
7. Then its time to chow down!