Varsity jackets have a very preppy look and feel but that doesn’t mean preppy looks are the only ones you can create with these chic babies. There are lots of other looks you can achieve using a varsity jacket. All you really have to do to get some variation is to pair it with different pieces every time. You can also keep away from the traditional colors and get your hands on printed varsity jackets if you’re looking for a more unique and stylish look. There are also cropped varsity jackets that you can go for on days when you want a more contemporary look. If you have a varsity jacket or two sitting in your closet, check out these ideas on what to wear with a varsity jacket and see how you can make the most out of them.
- Jeans – if you’re looking for a safe and foolproof way to rock your varsity jacket, simply pair it up with jeans and sneakers and you’re good to go. This outfit combination is a little reminiscent of those days back in school when you had no time to put together an outfit at all and you just grabbed a shirt, put on your jeans and threw a jacket on top. It’s quick, it’s easy, no frill, no fuss, just good ol’ plain and casual chicness. Finish off with heels for a more athletic overall look or wear heels to make it look more girly. To make your outfit more summer-friendly, remember that you can always switch up your jeans with Daisy Dukes.
- Graphic shirt – for a cool and totally laidback look, wear your varsity jacket with a cute graphic shirt and then maybe pair it with comfy boyfriend jeans. This look is just what you need for a lazy weekend.
- Crop top – now, if you’re still all for getting that College Girl look going but you want to give your outfit a little more of a sexy, playful vibe, try wearing it with a crop top underneath. This look may not be something you could actually wear to school but it sure is perfect for casual and street style summer time looks. Go all out on being sexy and wear it with denim cut off shorts or keep it a little more conventional and stick with jeans instead. The choice is all up to you.
- Skirt – give your varsity jacket a bit more of a girly look by pairing it with a skirt. This look is great if you don’t mind the preppy look of a varsity jacket and would just like to add something to make it a little more feminine. I personally think skater skirts are the best kind of skirts to wear with a varsity jacket because they let you keep the College Girl theme going but you can definitely be a bit more experimental and wear it with something else like a full skirt or a pencil skirt.
- Dress – lastly, for another girly and slightly preppy but totally chic outfit, wear your varsity jacket on top of a dress. Any dress, really, would work for this look. This fall, try wearing it on top of your summer maxi dresses so you can get more warmth. You can also try wearing it with a simple shift dress to create a posh and preppy outfit.