The pencil skirt has been a staple in many women’s work wardrobe for many years now. Its clean lines and sophisticated silhouette make it a must have for any girl who wants to look fashionable and sharp, not only in the workplace but in everyday life as well. Here are 10 tips and ideas on what to wear with a a pencil skirt.
- CRISP WHITE SHIRT – if you’re going for a classic look for the workplace, a crisp white shirt with your pencil skirt would make a great choice. This is a foolproof way to look chic and polished for the workplace, even when you’re pressed for time.
- SLIGHTLY OVERSIZED SWEATER – for a more casual but still office-appropriate look that you can wear on any day, try pairing up your pencil skirt with a slightly oversized sweater. I find that chunky knitted sweaters work best for this look but you can wear whatever you feel best flatters your figure.
- CROP TOP – now, if you’re looking for more of a street style kind of look that you can achieve with your pencil skirt, you can try the crop top and pencil skirt combo. This is a sexy and stylish outfit that you can wear for a casual dater or a night out with your friends. If you feel it’s too much for the daytime, you can always layer your crop top with a blazer, too.
- MATCHING TOP – matching sets are really hot and popular right now so if you’re aiming for a trendier look to create with a pencil skirt, wearing one with a matching top is one of the best ways to go. Most matching sets consist of a crop top and a pencil skirt but you can (and should) look for other options as well.
- T-SHIRT – whether it’s a plain tee or a graphic one, wearing your t-shirt with a pencil skirt is definitely the way to go if you’re aiming for an everyday look but with a more polished and put together vibe. This outfit combo is super easy to pull off and it works for anyone every time!
- DRESSY BLOUSE – another thing that you can wear with a pencil skirt is a dressy blouse. This outfit pairing is perfect if you want to give your pencil skirt a softer and more feminine overall look. It’s a great look to wear on dates and, generally, just on days when you want to look and feel extra fab and chic.
- CAMI – boudoir dressing has been super popular lately and if you feel like jumping on the trend train with this one but don’t know where to start, I would suggest the combination of a well-fitting pencil skirt and a cami. Make that a silk one (frilly lace optional) if you really want to get full boudoir effect.