For someone who is used to cold weather most of the time, a vacation to the tropics is something really exciting and worth looking forward to. However, because you are so used to dressing up for the cold, what you already have in your wardrobe may not exactly be fitting for the tropics. If you’re planning on going somewhere nice and warm this summer and you want to make sure you have everything you need to be comfy and look fab at the same time, check out these tips on what to pack for a stylish tropical vacation.
- CUTE AND COLORFUL BIKINIS and COVERUPS – your suitcase is not complete without at least a few pair of cute and colorful bikinis as well as cover-ups to bring to the tropics! Find a style that suits you and get that in every color if you’re all about figure flattering swimwear. Otherwise, feel free to experiment and get creative with other styles and designs.
- LIGHT SHIRT DRESSES – light shirt dresses make the perfect go-to outfits in the tropics. Opt for those made with light and breathable fabric to ensure comfort. There are plenty of different styles to choose from and a number of ways you can style them – belted, with a scarf, tucked to your bottoms, like a cover up, etc.
- TANK TOPS – if you’re planning on staying at the resort or hotel for most of your vacay, it’s best to pack lots of tank tops. Aside from being quick and easy, these also make great layering base so in case you suddenly decide to go somewhere else, you can just throw on a cute little cardigan and go.
- BREEZY SUNDRESSES – aside from shirt dresses, easy, breezy dresses are another must have in your suitcase if you’re going on a tropical vacation.
- SHEER CHICNESS – if there’s one thing that can really take your outfit for the tropics up a notch, it’s sheer pieces. A sheer kimono cardigan over a tank top can take it from drab to fab in an instant. A sheer maxi skirt layered over your bikini will make your beach lounging look a whole lot chic-er. Sheer paneled dresses are also perfect, especially for warm beach-side dinners.
- FAB FOOTWEAR – aside from the staple flats and heels, you should also have flip-flops and sneakers in your suit case. Flip flops are a must for the sandy shores of the beach while sneakers are sure to come in handy if you plan to go on a tropical adventure.
- ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES – when it comes to accessorizing in the tropics, there are a few couple of things you shouldn’t forget aside from jewelry. Sunglasses, hats and handy bags or purses are the most important things that no tropic tourist should be without.
- FUN PRINTS AND VIBRANT COLORS – if it’s colorful or if it comes with cute prints like florals and palm leaves, take it! If you’re serious about looking cute and chic on vacay, make sure to take a few couple of bright, colorful and fun pieces to liven up your looks.