Being stylish while away from your wardrobe can be difficult but it’s not impossible. I know packing is one of the more difficult things to do when going on a vacation because 1) you can only bring limited clothes and accessories and 2) it’s really difficult to choose. If you’re going on a quick weekend getaway, though, things could be easier for you. Here are some tips and ideas on what to carry in your carry-on for a quick weekend getaway.
- JEWELRY – if you’re planning on bringing a few couple pieces of jewelry, especially special and expensive ones, make sure to bring them with you in your carryon. They won’t take up much space anyway and they’ll be safer, too.
- 4 TO 6 TOPS – depending on where you’re heading, 4 to 6 tops should be enough to keep you comfy and cute. Since it’s spring time, pick out tops that are light and flowy and include one heavier piece like a jacket or a cardigan for layering and for late night looks.
- A PAIR OF JEANS – now, if you’re already wearing a fresh pair of jeans, you can skip this one and pack something else since a single pair of jeans would be enough for a 2-day getaway.
- 1 BOTTOM – if you’re not packing jeans, you can pack a pair of shorts or a skirt instead, depending on your style and the activities you have planned out for your weekend trip.
- 1 PAIR OF SHOES – when choosing a pair of shoes to bring, I always like to pack the lighter pair and wear the heavier / bulkier pair. If I need heels and flats, I’ll wear my heels to the airport and pack my flats since they occupy less space. Unless you need outdoor flip flops, forget about bringing slippers – the hotel will have a pair waiting for you.
- A DRESS – even if you’re not the type of girl to wear dresses all the time, bring at least one dress. You never know when you’ll need a nice dress while on vacay. It could be for a nice dinner or maybe one for church, in case you plan on going to mass while on vacation.
- A PURSE – choose a purse that’s not too big or bulky. One that can hold up your everyday essentials like your cash, phone, keys and cards should be ideal. Pick one in either a neutral color or a really bright and bold statement color that will go well with the outfits you’ve planned out.
- ACCESSORIES – for a weekend getaway, you shouldn’t need much. Place your small accessories in a Ziploc baggie to keep them from getting mixed up and lost. Don’t forget to bring at least one pair of sunglasses, too.
Remember to always check carryon baggage weight limits with your airline. The average limit is anywhere from 15 to 22lbs so be sure to bring your weekender bag and pack wisely, though 15 to 22lbs is pretty generous considering that you’re packing for 2 to 3 days only. You’ll have plenty of room for other personal stuff.