If you ask me if there’s anything I would recommend anyone to get for their summer wardrobe, I’d say a jean jacket. Jean jackets are super versatile. You can wear them with just about any outfit you can think of and you can wear them anytime, even beyond summer. If you live somewhere warm like California, you wouldn’t really need any other kind of jacket for summer other than a jean jacket at night when the temps occasionally drop below 60 degrees. If you’re planning on getting yourself a nice jean jacket for summer or if you already have one lying around your closet and you have no idea how to style it, check out these awesome ways to wear your jean jacket for summer.
- Wear it on top of your maxi dress – another summer staple that every woman should own is a maxi dress. If you’re not very comfortable and confident about baring your arms in a summer maxi dress, though, you can always top it off with a cute jean jacket to get a nice, casual and laidback look. This is a great lazy day look. it’s a fool-proof chic summer outfit that you can wear when you just want to go about walking around town on a hot summer day.
- Cropped – if you’re a petite lady who’s always looking for ways to dress to boost your height, this styling trick is for you. instead of going with a regular denim jacket, purchase a cropped one instead. It will make your upper torso look longer so you appear to be a few inches taller than you really are and the cropped look will give you a cool, summery vibe. To get the most out of this trick, wear bottoms that make you look taller, too, like a midi skirt and finish your outfit off with a pair of high heels.
- Wear it on top of a crop top – crop tops have been closet staples for a couple of summers now and we don’t think the craze over these sexy little things are going away any time soon. While they’re hot, why not take the time to sport them and show off your sexy midriff in them? Not very confident about sporting a crop top all on its own? Just throw on a jean jacket on top and you’re good to go!
- Tie it around your waist – if you’re the kind who likes to be out and about all day during summer, creating an outfit that can take you from day to night should be one of your top expertises. If you anticipate that you’re going to be out from morning ‘til night and you need something to keep you warm in the evening, just tie a jean jacket around your waist. It’s one of fashion’s biggest comebacks for summer from the 90s and it’s stylish and practical at the same time!
- Rock the denim on denim trend with it – the denim on denim trend has been around for quite some time now and we love that it seems like it’s going to stick around even longer. This look is very chic and it’s super easy to pull off too. Wear your jean jacket with any denim bottoms like shorts or pants and you’ve got yourself an outfit that’s Vogue-worthy.