If you’re looking for a piece that you can wear that would let you keep your feminine style but also add a little bit of spunk and edge to it, go for a leather skirt. Leather skirts have always been a favorite for a lot of women during the colder days but you can definitely wear them during spring and summer as well. Leather is a nice fabric with a smooth texture and it’s the perfect piece to reach for if you want something sleek and posh. Wear it if you want to create an outfit that’s both edgy and girly or if you simply want to add that subtle sexy vibe to your look. If you’re not sure on how to rock this piece, check out these ways to wear a leather skirt.
- Leather on leather – you’ve heard about the denim on denim trend, now why not try the leather on leather combo? This may not be ideal for summer unless you live somewhere really, really cold but it would make a really cool outfit for fall and winter. Wearing leather on leather always tends to give you that rock and roll / punk – ish kind of vibe but if you want to keep the ‘girliness’ of your look, just be sure to add something in the mix that’s soft, sexy or feminine like a pair of fierce heels or some lace.
- Girly with a kick – again, if you’re the girly girl type, you don’t have to give up your feminine style just to wear a leather piece. In fact, leather is a great piece to go with anything girly as it makes for the perfect kick ass girly look. Try wearing a lace top with a leather skirt or maybe wear your leather skirt with really cute and dainty ballerina flats. They key here is to keep the balance between edgy and soft looks.
- Leather with denim – if you think that wearing leather alone is too sleek for everyday casual looks, you can always dress it down by wearing your leather skirt with a denim piece like a denim jacket, a denim shirt or just a denim vest. This look is perfect for street style outfits that need a bit of a polished vibe.
- Do a monochromatic look – leather has such an interesting texture which makes it a really great piece to reach for if you’re doing a monochromatic look. Try to stick to neutral leather colors like brown, black and gray. If you must wear something brighter, go for red leather. Any other color will make leather look fake and tacky. Wear your leather skirt with a top in the same color.
- Play with other textures – and since we’re on the topic of textures, why not pair your leather skirt with a top that has interesting texture as well? A fur vest or jacket would really look nice with a leather skirt for colder seasons while something like lace with a leather pencil skirt would be wonderful for warmer weather.