Ice has been getting quite the attention lately with the Disney movie Frozen becoming such a huge blockbuster hit and the Ice Bucket Challenge going viral and all so we thought it would be nice to post up something related to ice. Now, ice isn’t exactly considered a “beauty” item but that doesn’t mean you can’t use it for such, right? For those of you who love going natural and using as much of the things in your kitchen for beauty as possible, I’m sure you’ll love these refreshing ways to use ice in your beauty routine.
- Zap a zit – the thing about pimples is that they tend to pop up on the most inopportune days – when you’re about to go on a date, when you’re headed for a job interview, your own wedding – it’s so bad that sometimes you get desperate and pile on ‘remedies’ on your face just to get rid of them. The next time you find a zit and need to get rid of it, just take an ice cube and wrap it in a Ziploc bag then hold it up against your pimple to reduce redness and decrease inflammation. It’s not going to go away completely but it’ll be way easier to conceal.
- Get rid of puffy eyes – puffy eyes are a dead giveaway of a rough night and they’re never a pretty sight so getting rid of them is just one of the many things that lots of women obsess about in the morning. One really refreshing way to get rid of puffy eyes is to take an few ice cubes, wrap them with a washcloth and then hold them up against your eyes while you’re waiting for your toast to pop or your coffee to brew. This is an effective way to de-puff the eyes and give yourself a nice kick in the A.M.
- Minimize pores – after cleaning your face and before applying anything on, rub an ice cube all over your face and especially focus on areas where your pores are larger and more visible. The coolness of the ice will reduce the appearance of pores so you can have more flawless using makeup.
- Plucking pain reliever – beauty comes with a price, I know that much is true. If you want perfectly groomed and shaped brows all the time, you have to pluck them regularly and anyone who plucks their brows knows how painful that can be. For painless plucking, glide an ice cube over your brows to numb the area while you pluck.
- Refresh your skin – ever planned on going out sans makeup but couldn’t bring yourself to it because your skin didn’t look very nice? Well, all you have to do is rub some ice cubes on your face to instantly refresh it, let it dry and voila! Instantly refreshed skin that looks radiant and glowing. Now you can head out confidently even without makeup on.