There is nothing more satisfying to me then an amazing chicken sandwich with avocado . I would rather eat that than a burger any day. So I decided to change up the recipe a bit so it can be healthy but at the same time make it the ultimate chicken sandwich!
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 red onion
red wine vinegar
1 plum tomato
2 slices of Turkey Bacon
Low fat Mayo
1. Cut the avocado in half and take out the seed in the middle. Then cut the avocado in slices and put them in a bowl. Slice up the red onion as well and add it to the bowl of avocado. Add the red wine vinegar and drizzle a little olive oil and let the avocados soak in the onions and vinegar for about a half hour in the refrigerator.
2. Season the chicken breast with some garlic powder and complete seasoning. If you have an indoor grill you can grill the chicken on it if not you can you use a non stick pan. When the chicken is fully cooked transfer it to a cutting board and slice it diagonally.
4. You can cook the turkey bacon on the grill or on a non stick pan as well. When they are crispy transfer them to the cutting board and just slice them in pieces or just in half.
3. Slice up your plum tomatoes and set them aside.
4. Toast the bread in a toaster.
5. Mix together the Dijon mustard and the low fat mayo to create the sauce for the sandwich.
6. Now begin an assembly line. Spread the sauce on both slices of toasted bread then add the chicken to one side of the bread. Spoon on top of the chicken some of the avocados and onions then add the tomatoes on top. Then add the turkey bacon and cover the sandwich with the other slice of bread. Slice it down the middle and you are ready to eat the best poultry sandwich in the world!
Not to toot my own horn too loud but this Turkey Chicken Sandwich with Avocado was amazing!