I’m a huge fan of products that are multi-purpose. I need things in my makeup bag for work that do double duty – maybe a blush that can double as an eyeshadow for a Friday afternoon touch-up, a lipstick I can use as a cheek colour, or a concealer I can put over my lids when I’m not wearing any colour so I look more awake.
Jurlique’s Love Balm is a new handbag staple for me, for that precise reason. It’s a multi-purpose, all over face and body balm that not only protects my skin like a lip balm does, but also soothes and moisturises.
Firstly, a little confession: I didn’t know this balm came in a Rose scent. For a long time I avoided it because it only came in a citrus scent, and citrus smells give me a headache. I was so pleased to see that it came in a more Clare-friendly smell.
A little bit about the product, from Jurlique – “A natural skin-loving salve used to moisturize, soften and protect dry or chapped skin. Made with Vitamin E, Olive, Soybean and Safflower Oil to help replenish dry skin. Naturally scented with Tangerine oil. Apply liberally to lips, elbows, hands – or anywhere that needs a little extra loving care. Reapply as needed.”
I wish I had thought of this next part myself, but alas the beauties at Adore Beauty came up with it first.
If you’re wondering how to use Jurlique Love Balm, they’ve provided us with 10 useful ways:
1. Lips – moisturise, condition, protect and soften delicate lip area skin
2. Elbows – massage into rough areas
3. Cuticles – rub in daily to hydrate dry cuticles
4. Hands – use all over as an “invisible” protective glove
5. Knees – massage in regularly for healthy looking, beautiful knees
6. Legs – massage in to instantly hydrate skin and give a lovely sheen to bare legs
7. Nose – apply over chapped areas to soothe during flu, cold, or exposure to the elements
8. Feet – apply to heels to help soften dry, toughened skin
9. Breathe in to uplift – whenever you need a pick up, inhale the scent of Love Balm for an instant boost
10. Spread the love – share Love Balm with friends and family
The way I use it most often is as a light lip balm, especially when I want to wear a more matte lipstick. It gives my lips an extra layer of protection, helps the lipstick not dry them out while also maintaining the matte finish.
It really is a great product, and so cheap! Perfect stocking suffer too – shame it’s not Christmas at the moment.
Apparently this product is limited edition. I hope not – I definitely won’t repurchase if the only scent available is citrus.
Australia: $15 from Adore Beauty, Klein’s Perfumery, or Jurlique counters.
US: $6.50 from Sephora, Skinstore or Jurlique counters.
UK: £10.00 from Space NK, Bath and Unwind, or Jurlique counters.
For more stocklists see their website.
Full Disclosure: This item was provided as a gift from Jurlique.