A sexy silhouette is something we all want to have, especially when we have a really cute outfit to sport. No matter how much you exercise or take care of your body, though, there will always be times when the urge to pig out is stronger than your will to get your butt off the couch and exercise and while there’s nothing wrong with a bit of indulgence once in a while, this ‘eat whatever’ session will certainly show somewhere – on the weighing scale, around your waist, maybe somewhere in your rear area. Thank goodness for shapewear, right? Now you can look sexy while working on trimming off those extra inches off your waist and shedding off the extra pounds. Shapewear is like a double-edged sword. It can make or break your look. Here are some of the rules of wearing shapewear for a sexier silhouette.
- Buy only the best – quality is something you should always look for in shapewear. In your search for shapewear, you’ll find a lot of cheap ones – don’t buy those! Those are the kind of shapewear that don’t hold up or don’t last very long. Instead of getting lots of cheap ones, it would be wiser to invest in just a few couple of really good quality ones that you can use in the long run. Good shapewear should hold up when worn and shouldn’t lose its form / shape after it is taken off.
- Find the right size – contrary to what many believe, shapewear isn’t ‘one size fits all’. There are different sizes and finding the right size is key to getting a svelte silhouette. If you buy shapewear that’s too small for you, chances are that you’ll end up with unsightly rolls and bulges in all the wrong places while getting shapewear that’s too big doesn’t really help you with anything and acts just like another layer of clothing that’s part of your outfit.
- Choose the right shapewear style – different shapewear styles are designed to target different target areas. Don’t buy shapewear that’s meant to suck in and flatten up the tummy when your problem area is your legs / thighs. Always do your research before you go out and buy shapewear and don’t be afraid to ask for assistance when you’re in the store.
- Put it on correctly – one of the biggest and most common mistakes I see women make when wearing shapewear is that they don’t bother taking the time to really put it on correctly and get the most out of the item. Shapewear should be worn like a pantyhose or any other kind of hosiery, for that matter. Bunch it up, step into it and gently and slowly roll it up, making sure that the side seams are as straightly aligned as possible and then smooth it out.
- To wear or not to wear underwear – the answer to this question really depends on what kind of shapewear you have and how fitted the clothes you plan on wearing are. Some women find that wearing panties under shapewear creates an additional visible line and defeats the purpose of getting that seamlessly perfect look so they opt not to. Bras, on the other hand, should only be worn if your shapewear doesn’t offer support or if your shapewear doesn’t cover the area.