The fashion world has lost one of its greatest minds, just as this week has opened, with the passing of the beloved and highly esteemed designer Oscar de la Renta and although we may never see him again, we’re glad that we can marvel in his genius creations anytime we wish just by going online and seeing his muses wearing them. Or, you know, you could buy one yourself if you have a little extra to splurge. Here are some of the best of Oscar de la Renta’s dresses on his celebrity muses. Check them out and get lost in the beauty of it all.
- Oprah Winfrey (MET 2010) – Oprah’s always been known for her classy sense of style so it’s no surprise that one of her favorite designers in Oscar de la Renta. Back in the 2010 MET Gala, Oprah wore a gorgeous shimmery navy gown which featured a frilly lower half. The details on the dress were phenomenal as well and it hugged O in all the right places.
- Amy Adams (Academy Awards 2013) – leave it to Oscar de la Renta to turn something as dull as a gray dress into a jaw-dropping, show stopping piece. This dress Amy Adams wore to the 2013 Academy awards featured a darling sweetheart neckline, intricate beading patterns and tulle ruffles. It also had a short train which added lots of dramatic effect to the whole look.
- Cameron Diaz (2010 Academy Awards) – though part of the designer’s ready-to-wear collection, this dress worn by Cameron Diaz to the 2010 Academy Awards looked like it was something that was made especially for her. The light taupe dress was furnished with gold embellishments from the top to bottom with bigger chunks graduating dramatically. It was dreamy, chic, ethereal and definitely red carpet worthy.
- Taylor Swift (MET Gala 2014) – I just love how this Oscar de la Renta dress that Taylor Swift wore to this year’s MET Gala featured a super simple silhouette but had a really dramatic train behind it. It was the perfect dress for the singer-songwriter who has a flair for fashion and a little bit of drama.
- Michelle Williams (2011) – and if you think all of Oscar de la Renta’s creations include bold and dramatic details all the time, think again. In this piece, he showed us that beauty can be found in simplicity as well. This gold dress, worn by Michelle Williams back in 2011 for the mini screening of her moving “My Week With Marilyn”, was one of the simplest creations from the famous designer. It was breathtakingly beautiful and classy.
- Kerry Washington (NAACP 2013) – outside of being Olivia, Kerry Washington also looks great with colors other than neutrals. In this romantic two-toned Oscar de la Renta dress, Kerry looks fabulous, youthful and glowing. This brilliant piece from de la Renta is what Kerry wore to the NAACP in 2013. It’s light, chic and super easy on the eyes.
- Isla Fisher (SAG Awards 2014) – another simple yet stunning creation by Oscar de la Renta is this amazing classic dress that Isla Fisher wore to this year’s SAG Awards. Made of silver satin, this dress looks very elegant, luxurious and stylish.
- Nicole Kidman – last on this list is this Oscar de la Renta dress that Nicole Kidman wore to the 2013 Omega Gala. The beige-y nude dress with an intricate and ornate black lace overlay looked very elegant and sophisticated. It was classy and very chic.