This palette comes in the “BAD” packaging (with the naked ladies) and the “GOOD” packaging (with the bedroom). I have the “Good” packaging.
- Variety of finishes
- Variety of shades
- Blends beautifully
- Packaging can get messy
Pigmentation – ( 5 / 5 ) Almost all 12 shadows are highly pigmented. Only 2 of them are not up to par with the rest: Stubborn needs a bit extra work and Silly is the least pigmented (the swatch is no where as intense as in the pan). This is extremely impressive because even high end brand palettes have shades that are a miss (Examples: Tarte Rising Star).
Shades – ( 5/ 5 ) There are 12 shades: 2 frosts, 4 mattes, 5 shimmers, 1 matte with glitter. There’s a large variety with the shades as well – both light and dark, cool (top row) and warm (bottom row). The only thing missing is 1 more matte brown shade. I’d love that.
Texture – ( 5 / 5 ) These have minimal fallout and even the mattes blend beautifully.
Longevity – ( 5 / 5 ) These last a good the whole day with a good base underneath.
Packaging – ( 3 / 5 ) I like the big mirror and the vintage feel of the design…but I don’t like the cardboard/paper. Whenever eyeshadow from the small pans gets onto the paper design, the paper gets stained and it’s difficult to clean up to make it looking new.
Overall – ( 5 / 5 ) theBalm really created a palette that gave the Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette series something to compete against. The shades and finishes of these are distinctly different than those of the Naked in that this is not as neutral as those are.
Recommended? Yes, definitely try this out even if you do have the Naked Palettes.
|Left 6 shadows|
|Right 6 shadows|
|Top Row – more cool tones|
1) Sassy (frosty white)– great bold inner corner highlight
2) Stubborn (frosty light pink)– base color, inner corner shade for a soft neutral look
3) Selfish (shimmery taupe)– similar to MAC Satin Taupe without the purple
4) Sophisticated (shimmery cool dark brown)– great inner corner shade for a smokey eye, great outer corner for everyday
5) Sexy (matte warm cranberry purple)– gorgeous purple for a purple smokey eye or to add warm to a look
6) Serious (matte cool black)– this is a pretty impressive matte black that blends well
|Bottom Row – more warm tones|