I’m sorry to whoever requested her look on my formspring for taking such a long time to complete this tutorial. To be honest, at first I wasn’t even going to do it given the fact that I had almost no idea how she usually does her makeup. But then I thought, what the heck, let’s google image it up!I found these pictures where I could see her makeup pretty well and so I decided to make an attempt on it!
From what I’ve seen, the key points on most of her makeup looks are:
- flawless complexion,
- heavily rimmed eyes,
- dark shades of taupe and bronze eyeshadows,
- short but thick fake lashes,
- well groomed and filled in eyebrows,
- contoured cheeks and glowy temples,
- bright pink or coral lip colors.
So here’s my take on her look…
Believe me it’s much more dramatic in real life; the eyeliner, the blush, the lip color… my camera just can’t help but to wash out the colors. 🙁
I did go easy on the lips, though. As I don’t have any orangey coral lipstick like she had on the pictures, I opted for something softer. I made it a little bit more “me”. 😉
Onto the tutorial…
1. First, I apply MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over my lids as my base. Then I put Stila Smudge Pot in Bronze on my upper lashline, blending it upward just a little above my fold.
2. With a wet shader brush, apply a copper color eyeshadow (I’m using Too Faced eyeshadow in Push Up) on top of the bronze base.
3. Draw a line on the crease with a dark taupe color. I’m using a small pointed crease brush to do this step.
4. Apply a matte warm brown eyeshadow above the taupe eyeshadow.
5. Apply nude eyeshadow on your browbone and blend it to the matte brown eyeshadow to soften the look.
6. Apply gel eyeliner on your upper lashline, make the line a bit fat and wing it out for a more dramatic effect.
7. Apply the same dark taupe eyeshadow to your lower lashline, try to deposit more color on the outer part.
8. Apply a shimmery nude highlight color on your inner V area.
9. Line your waterline with black pencil eyeliner and apply mascara on your lashes.
10. To rcomplete the look, wear thick fake lashes! The one I’m wearing is ES Lashes A10. I put two strips together to make the lashes look fuller.
on my face:
– MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
– LT Pro Translucent Powder
on my cheeks:
– Milani powder bronzer #1 to contour
– Urban Decay Afterglow powder blush in Score
on my lips:
– Nivea Lipcare SPF27
– Revlon Colorstay Lipstick in Creamy Coral
– LA Colors Moisturizing Lipgloss in Butterscotch
So there you have it! I hope you like the tutorial and let me know if you’ve got any questions. 🙂