To be honest, if I were given money to spend on a few couple pairs of shoes a few years ago, Converse wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of my list. I just wasn’t the type of girl to wear sneakers or trainers or tennis shoes or whatever you would call them. I always preferred heels, wedges, flats and boots over sneakers because I think it suited my style more and those were the shoes that I was comfortable with wearing. Recently, though, I’ve slipped into a pair of Converse shoes and realized how comfy they were so I tried to wear them as much as I can these past few weeks and I can’t believe how versatile they are as well! They work so well with so many items in my closet and I’m pretty sure they would work great with yours, too! Here are some stylish pieces to wear with Converse shoes.
- Cropped pants – cropped pants paired with Converse shoes make for a very casual and, sometimes, athletic outfit. Cropped leggings or yoga pants and Converse shoes are great if you’re looking for a stylish workout outfit while cropped jeans and Converse shoes are perfect for a lazy day outfit or an outfit for running quick errands. This outfit combo is my favorite go-to for a quick yet stylish look.
- Jeans – this is perhaps one of the most popular things that a lot of women wear with their Converse shoes and one of the easiest to pair with it too. Jeans and Converse together are great for casual and street style outfit. Just throw on your favorite top and you’re ready to go! If you want to go all out on the street style look, swap your regular jeans with distressed ones. I find that skinny jeans work best with Converse shoes though I’ve seen some looks that pair these sneakers with other jean cuts and styles.
- Colored pants – colored jeans and leggings are all the rage these days and if you’re looking for a fun, young and hip outfit, you can wear yours with your favorite pair of Converse shoes. This look is totally cute, especially when worn with a pretty top or a tank top (perfect for summer!) though you can always dress it up with a nice blazer too. It’s also a great way to add a pop of color to your look if you have neutral Converse shoes and a basic top on.
- Dress – dresses and sneakers are not your typical everyday ordinary outfit. In fact, I know a lot of women who haven’t even thought of putting a look like this together but believe me, it’s a cute outfit idea that you should try, especially this summer. Wearing a dress with Converse shoes is a great way to create an outfit that’s both girly and sporty. It’s great if you don’t want your look to be too sweet or too feminine.
- Shorts – another outfit idea that’s perfect for summer is Converse shoes worn with cutesy shorts. Most shorts will work with this look but I find that it’s denim shorts that give you that fresh summer vibe. Wear this outfit next time you hit the road with your friends for a summer road trip and you’re sure to look fab and feel comfy all throughout the trip.