Music videos are not just about telling the story behind the song anymore. They’re so much more than that and one of the things that I’ve noticed with so many new music videos today is that they’re always filled with style inspiration. Fashion may not be the main focus of these videos but that doesn’t mean they don’t have it good. Here’s a list of our picks for style-filled music videos we can’t stop watching.
- BLANK SPACE (Taylor Swift) – Taylor Swift’s music video for Blank Space was not something we expected from her yet she managed to wow us with just about everything in it, especially the outfits she wore (not to mention those of the guy who played opposite her in the video, too!). Taylor wore a few couple of gorgeous outfits in the video and these included master creations from Oscar dela Renta, Dolce and Gabbana, Elie Saab and more. Check out the video here.
- DARK HORSE (Katy Perry) – if you’ve ever seen Dark Horse by Katy Perry, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that the music video is just filled with so much passion for fashion. Sure, the outfits aren’t your typical everyday ordinary looks but for those who love to dress up and wear costumes all the time, this music video is a fashion gold mine. Here’s the video so you can check it out.
- FANCY (Iggy Azalea) – the music video for Iggy’s hit song “Fancy” was fashioned after the movie Clueless where Alicia Silverstone played the main character back in the mid 90s. Iggy was garbed up in full Cher Horowitz fashion and the rest of the music video crew were in full 90s fashion as well, making it one of the most style-filled MVs of today.
- COME AND GET IT (Selena Gomez) – Selena’s always been one of the best dressed celebs her age but in the music video for her song ‘Come and Get It’, she takes her style game up a notch and gives us look upon look for Boho chic fashion inspiration. Anyone who loves the easy and relaxed but totally sexy look of Boho should see her video here.
- BANG BANG (Jessie J., Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj) – summer street style galore! That’s all we have to say about the outfits seen on Jessie, Ari and Nicki’s music video for Bang Bang. This MV gets us excited for summer more than anything! Check it out here.
- ALL ABOUT THAT BASS (Meghan Trainor) – we just love all the soft pastel colors we see in the music video for Meghan Trainor’s song “All About that Bass”. The song itself is really cool and catchy, too, but coupled with the great outfits that are perfect for spring and the fun dance moves, this MV has definitely become a favorite for me.