If you have a strong passion for fashion and you can’t stand looking basic, dressing up for work may be a bit of a challenge. At the workplace, you wouldn’t want to wear anything too bright or too bold. You want to keep your look professional and you’d want to put on that business girl vibe. All this doesn’t mean you can’t look fabulous and stylish at work, though. With the right pieces, you can make a statement with your work clothes, no matter how subtle. Here are some statement pieces to wear to work for a fab look.
- PRINT ON PRINT TOP – think you can’t pull off the double print trend at work? Well, think again! As long as you keep the top print simple and basic, you can wear any print underneath no matter how loud, bold or bright. You can try going for stripes on top and abstract neon on the bottom or some other combination to that effect.
- MATCHING SETS – you know those matching crop tops and skirts your fave celebs used to wear all summer long? Guess what? They’re still hot! And more than that, they’re perfect for making a statement at the workplace. Of course, this statement will only work if you have all the bases covered. If not, you can go ahead and throw a blazer on for a chic outfit that can take you from day to night with ease. And don’t limit yourself to crop top and skirt sets, too. You can also wear printed matching suits.
- PRINTED PANTS – give your office outfits a bit of a street style look by ditching your usual office slacks and replacing them with printed pants. Choose a pair with a simpler and more muted print design so it doesn’t end up looking too casual for work. It’s also important to keep the rest of your outfit with a minimal look so you don’t end up having too much going on.
- SHEER PANEL TOP – if you’re looking for something that will give your office look a hot sexy vibe without violating the dress code (because, come on, that’s not fab), try wearing a top with sheer panels on it. Make sure to wear something cute underneath like a printed tank top so it makes a cute peek-a-boo effect on your top instead of just your skin peeping through.
- MAXI CARDIGAN – length and movement is always one of the best ways to go if you want to add drama to any piece or outfit and what better way to channel that than with a maxi cardigan? Forget about those librarian-style cardis and look for something long and flowy. Wear this on top of any outfit for instant girly drama and you’ll surely turn heads on your way to your cubicle.