The hair is probably one of the most taken care of when it comes to beauty, and why not? Having beautiful hair instantly makes you look and feel prettier as well. There are days, though, when you just wake up and realize your hair won’t behave the way you want it to. Bad hair days happen to everyone, even to the girl with the longest, softest, silkiest and most beautiful hair so don’t feel bad if you wake up with a head full of unruly locks. So, what do you do when you wake up with nasty hair and you have no time to for a wash? Check out these quick fixes for bad hair days that are guaranteed to work like magic!
- Sport a simple and classic updo – here’s an easy way to hide a bad hair day – put your hair up in a ponytail and you’re good to go. If you’re pressed for time, you can rely on a good ol’ ponytail to save your day. Doing a ponytail instead of leaving your hair unruly give you’re a more well put-together appearance. Another versatile hairstyle that you can do if you want something dressier than a ponytail is a bun. It’s just as versatile as the ponytail and is better if you have more hair.
- Style it up with tools – bad hair days mean having unruly, often frizzy hair, and that means lots and lots of texture in it. Use this to your advantage and style your hair using your hot tools instead. Curls and waves hold much better when your hair has some texture to it so bust out that curling wand. Want something sleeker? Bring out your hair iron and straighten your hair pin straight.
- Wear a hat – if you have nothing fancy planned for the day and you don’t have to come in to work either or if you’re simply sporting a street style look for the day and you’re having a bad hair day, just wear a hat to cover up your locks. Choose a hat that would go well with your outfit. A baseball cap, for example, will go very well with an athletic-themed outfit while a floppy straw hat would go perfectly well with an outfit you can wear to the beach.
- Turn to dry shampoo – one of the reasons why you wake up with bad hair is because your hair is probably too dirty. If you haven’t got time to wash your hair, try using dry shampoo instead. Remember to spray in sections so you get the most oil out of your hair and give each section a good shake after each spray to make sure you won’t have and visible chalky residue. If you have dark hair, be extra careful when spraying OR try to get your hands on dry shampoo for dark hair.
- Style it with gel – want to turn your frizzy and unruly hair into something more chic and sleek? Use hair gel and to style your hair and keep it in place while also making it look tamer. If you have short hair that you can’t wear in a ponytail or a bun yet, just rub a small amount of gel between your palms and apply to your hair by tousling it around. You can also use gel to slick back long hair.