Denim may not be the lightest fabric out there that you can wear, especially in summer, but there’s something about it that makes us forget how hot and heavy it can be under the scorching summer sun. Despite being rather warm, we still wear denims for summer. In fact, it’s one of the things that we consider a must have in our summer wardrobes and I think this is because denims are so easy to style and use to create outfits with. You can wear denims with just about anything and everything else that you can get your hands on and that makes this fabric ever so versatile. Summer dressing should be fun, easy and simple and that’s exactly what you get with denim. Check out these pretty ways to wear denims this summer.
- Denim overalls – 90s trends are making a huge comeback this year and one of our favorite comebacks so far is the overalls trend. You may have despised them back in the day but today, overalls are selling like hotcakes with everyone wanting an overall or two in their closets. Denim overalls are one of the best ways to wear overalls just because they’re really cool and they have a very 90s look to them.
- Denim shirt – yep, another trend from the 90s is coming back and making it big in today’s fashion scene and that is the denim shirt. Not everyone has the guts to wear it, though, especially with that strong vintage vibe so if you want something more modern, try going for a chambray shirt instead. It’s much lighter and softer than actual denim, too, so it’s great if you don’t want to deal with heavy denim sitting on your skin all day long.
- Denim shorts – for the ultimate summer street style look, make sure your closet is fully equipped with a few pairs of denim shorts. Denim shorts are the perfect kind of shorts to create summer outfits with. They’re young, fun, hip, cool, a little sexy and super stylish. They’re really versatile, too, and you can wear them with anything, from shirts to dressy tops to bandeaus and bikini separates.
- Denim vest – forget about denim jackets and leave those out for fall and winter. This summer, choose to go for a denim vest instead. It’s much lighter and is guaranteed to keep you cool under the hot summer sun. Top your outfits off with a cute little denim vest to give it that oomph. You can also wear a denim vest if you want to make your outfits look snazzy and jazzy.
- Denim dress – if you’re looking for a more feminine way to wear denim this summer, how about wearing a denim dress? If you think it would be too hot for the day to wear a denim dress from head to toe, choose a shirtdress-style denim dress that hits you just right above the knee. Also try to choose a lighter denim fabric so that you don’t end up sweating under the summer sun.