The runway is one of women’s biggest inspirations when it comes to trends in fashion and style. Spring may have already begun but we know some of our gal pals out there are still dealing with snow and cold outdoor temps and if you’re one of them, cheer up! Check out these popular runway trends everyone will be wearing for spring so you have something exciting to look forward to once all the snow melts.
- SUBTLE SEVENTIES – so many trends from back in the day are making a comeback for spring this year and two of the biggest are the 90s and the 70s. The 90s made its initial comeback last fall and stayed through winter and now for spring. The seventies, however, is yet to make its grand entrance in today’s fashion scene.
- NOT YOUR ORDINARY ANIMAL PRINTS – forget about tigers and leopards and cheetahs. This spring, animal prints are going to be more graphic. Everything but your usual animal print – from tigers to horses, crabs, spiders and even jellyfishes – are going to be on tops, dresses, shoes and purses so brace yourselves for the new animal print invasion and maybe even experiment with ones to sport and pull off.
- SUPER STRIPES – stripes are a year round staple which is why they sometimes tend to be overused and abused. This spring, stripes are going to be on a whole new other level. Gone are the black and white stripes you used to always see. This spring, expect stripes of different colors in varying styles.
- SPRING GINGHAM – gingham prints and patterns usually become really popular during fall but this year, spring has borrowed this fall trend and has made it its own. Embrace gingham this spring and choose to go with more non-conventional color combos (though the traditional white and blue looks really cute too) for a unique and more interesting look.
- COLORED SUEDE – another trend that this year’s spring seems to have borrowed from fall is suede. To give it a more springtime – appropriate look and feel, though, suede for the season is going to come in more colors, including light and lovely pastels so that’s something exciting to really look forward to. Suede makes a great addition to any outfit if you’re looking for new ways to play with texture for your spring time looks. Match it up with lace for a fun and flirty feel or with denim for a casual street style vibe.