What do you get when you mix chicken, chorizo, and brown rice together?
Healthy Pollo Chorizo Paella!
This is a very simple recipe to make and the saffron makes the house smell so yummy when you cook it. Enjoy it my beautiful followers.
4 skinless Chicken drumsticks
2 oz Spanish Chorizo
6 garlic cloves chopped up
1 cup of long grain brown rice
1 tsp of saffron threads
3/4 cup of frozen peas
14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with the juice
1 3/4 cup of low fat low sodium chicken broth
1. Heat up a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and drizzle a little olive oil on the skillet. Season the drumsticks with paprika, salt and pepper and begin to cook them on the skillet until golden brown.
2. Heat up a medium size pot to medium high heat. After the pot is hot add the chorizo and cook for two minutes. Then add the garlic and stir it for one minute. You will be able to smell the aromas of the garlic. Add the saffron threads, brown rice, and then the broth.
3. Once that is done cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Then let it simmer by reducing the heat and let it cook for about a half hour.
4. Once thirty minutes have passed add the whole can of tomatoes including the juices. Let it keep simmering for another twenty to twenty five minutes. Always keep the pot covered.
5. Add the chicken and peas and let it keep simmering for another ten minutes.
6. Remove the paella after the ten minutes have passed from the heat and let it sit there for five minutes. Then serve and enjoy.