Being a plus – size lady has its own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to fashion. Plus size clothes often have the most reduced price, for some reason, when certain brands and shops go on sale but the styles are often limited and not very cute, too. If you’re a plus size woman who has found a certain brand / shop that caters to you, you’re lucky! Exploring different brands can be difficult when you’re a plus size but lots of brands are venturing into the plus size world now so don’t lose hope. This holiday season; don’t let all these dampen your drive to dress up. Here are some plus size holiday fashion tips that will help you look your best for the coming festivities.
- WEAR MORE DRESSES – dresses have a more feminine look and feel to them. They’re dressier and more chic too which is what you’ll want when dressing up for the holidays. Aside from that, dresses also often tend to make you look slimmer too. Make sure to stick to dress styles that you know are flattering on your body type. If you’re not sure about this, you can always wear shift dresses and A-line dresses or even wrap dresses as these are the ones that are considered universally flattering on all body types.
- TAKE THE MINIMALIST ROUTE – as tempting as it may be to go all out on piling on layers of clothes and jewelry to create a festive look, try to avoid it. You don’t want any more bulk or chunk added to your physique. Instead, what you can do is to wear one really warm piece (like a jumper or a jacket) and accessorize with just a few but eye catching pieces. This way, you’ll have less stuff going on in your look.
- GET VAMPY – so, you know how they say black makes you look slim? While that’s definitely true, wearing black just doesn’t seem cheery enough for the holidays so if you’re looking for colors to wear that will make you look slimmer but don’t want to go Goth with black, try other darker colors that aren’t as gloomy as black like deep purple, maroon or even navy. This will give you more of a sexy, vampy look instead of a grimy one.
- PUT YOUR ASSETS ON THE SPOTLIGHT – so your tummy isn’t your best-looking area, forget it! Instead, find your assets and put them on the spotlight by wearing something with shiny, shimmery or sparkly details that hit / graze on that spot to draw the attention of the eyes to the said part. Not only is this a great way to divert the eyes and make it focus on the good, it’s also perfect for adding some of that holiday festive vibe to your look.
- ACCESSORIZE – another way to draw attention to your assets and away from your flaws is to use accessories. Wear accessories on or around the area that you’d like to draw some attention to and leave the area where your flaws are bare.
- DON’T TAKE HEELS FOR GRANTED – heels don’t only make you look taller, they elongate your silhouette in general, too, making you look thinner than you really are. You don’t have to suffer with those super thin heels if you’re not comfy with them. You can opt for chunky heels or even wedges instead.