Whether you’re shopping for yourself or for someone you intend to give a gift to this Christmas, you should remember that shopping for women with petite is a bit different from shopping for taller girls. For one, you’ll want to get items that will help with making a petite lady look taller. If you’re shopping for a petite girl, check out these petite shopping tips to remember.
- LOOK FOR BRANDS THAT CATER TO PETITE SIZES – some brands have a department or a separate line that’s made especially for petite ladies so if you’re buying clothes for a petite friend, check out these kinds of stores / brands first. Some of these brands include Asos, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and Talbots. Some brands don’t have a special line for petite sizes but their sizes run small so you check those out, too. These brands include H&M and Theory.
- AVOID OVERSIZED – oversized clothing is such a big trend nowadays but if you’re shopping for a petite friend and she isn’t with you to try it on, it’s best to leave it and go for something else. Pulling off the oversized trend is not as easy for petites. Whether you look great or not will depend on what style of clothing item it is that you’re wearing.
- KEEP PRINTS SMALL – think plain colors are boring? Give your petite friend something more stylish and exciting like a cute top with gorgeous print details on it. Just make sure the print designs are small since big prints can overwhelm a petite figure.
- YES TO COMFY SHOES – as flattering as heels may be, not everyone can stand walking in them for hours on end. If you’re not sure whether your petite friend is a high heels kind of girl or a ballet flats lover, take the safer path and give her a pair of wedges instead. These help make any petite lady look taller just like heels but they’re as comfy as flats and they provide better support, too.
- WHEN IN DOUBT – when you’re in doubt of whether that top is going to be too big for her or if that pair of pants is going to be too long, give her something foolproof instead. A gift certificate is always a nice idea because then she can pick out her clothes on her own but if you want to really give her something, then just opt for accessories or jewelry.