My ‘Go To’ Make-Up Storage
For the past year or so I haven’t been able to step foot inside my dressing room (the box room with a vanity!) without it making me feel all panicky; thanks to years of blogging my stash has become slightly overwhelming.Instead, I’ve been recycling my Carmine beauty boxes and filling them with products to use throughout the week, switching them up occasionally just so I could avoid the mountain of lipsticks and mass of liners every day.This of course can not go on, avoidance is not the answer, so last weekend I started the big clear out and bagged up products to donate (Give and Makeup), give to friends or pass on to Granny. She’ll be getting all my unwanted neutrals in a bid to overhaul her penchant for blue shadow!Anyway, my make-up room isn’t picture ready just yet, organising can be a slow process but when it is I’ll share it with you. Today though I wanted to show you my new ‘go to’ makeup station that I’ve created.
I’m a creature of habit and a little lazy too, so most days I just like to use what I know works for me. I often end up grabbing the same products most of the time and switching them slightly.I was given this handy little ‘pleather‘ unit ( from Matalan) by a friend recently after she had a clear out and I think it’s perfect for filling with my favourites. Don’t you?On the top I have a beauty box (fab for storage) filled with cotton pads/buds, my beloved BiodermaCrealine H2O, Mac Mineralize Charged Water, my favourite perfumes and my most used brushes.
Next drawer down houses my favourite products, the cover ups! Mostly concealers and foundations but there are some primers in there too, anything base related really.Faves include:
– Guerlain Lingerie De Peau
foundations – light, flawless, oil free, medium coverage, long lasting.- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hrs
– My new fave, long lasting, light, good coverage, invisible on the skin = perfection!
– Benefit’s Erase Paste – salmon toned, dark circle banisher!
– DiorSkin Nude Hydrating undereye concealer – amazing lightweight, non cakey, good coverage concealer.
This one is jam packed, it houses the cheek and eye products that I use the most right now.Faves include:
– Clarins Mosaic Bronzing Powder
– natural, matte, sun kissed
in a compact!- Shu Uemura eyelash curlers
– the best.- Nars Sin blush
– the most flattering blush ever invented.
– Cosmetics a la Carte brow liner – natural, long lasting brow perfection.
Surprisingly not overflowing is the third drawer down which belongs to the lip products.
– Mac Hue lipstick – natural nude pink, an everyday essential.
– Lush Pow Wow – yummy tasting lip scrub that buffs the lips leaving them smooth and ready for lipstick.
– Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Naked – gorgeous, non sticky gloss in a neutral pink.
– Dior Lip Addict in Singuliere – is it a balm? is it a lippie? is it a gloss? it’s all three and a lovely, pretty pink.
And last but not least is my hair and skincare box, everything you see in here I use constantly and love!
– La Roche Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion – great for acne/oil prone skins, I use this in the morning to double cleanse, tighten pores and help reduce excess oil throughout the day.
– Macadamia Healing oil – great multi-purpose hair oil, I use to detangle when wet and smooth when dry.
– Kerastase Ciment Thermique – a heat activated leave in milk for weakened hair, this strengthens like no other, I’ve used it for almost 8 or more years.
– YSL Forever Youth Liberator eye creme – best eye cream I have ever used, it has a meltinglysoft balm texture and hydrates the eyes like no other.
All of the products in these drawers rock and are ones that I gravitate towards most often out of my collection. I love being able to have my ‘must haves’ in one place now so I can just grab and go. Does anyone else put their favourites aside?