Photography by Anthony Nunez
Half of a 21 oz box of Pillsbury Sugar Free moist style yellow cake mix
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of Sprite Zero at room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 raw egg whites
1 1/4 cups of Cool Whip Free at room temperature
1 1/2 tbsp. Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
Pearl Sprinkles for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together in a bowl the Cool Whip and the Jell-O Mix until it is smooth and creamy. Then cover and refrigerate until the cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
3. In a bowl whisk together the cake mix and the baking powder. Make sure that it is lump free and then add the soda and vanilla extract. Whisk all of it together until it is smooth and then set aside.
4. In a separate bowl pour the egg whites and mix them for 2 minutes with an electric hand mixer. They will turn white and fluffy. Add them into the cake mix gently and mix it all together well.
5. Place cupcake liners in the muffin pan. This recipe is for about nine cupcakes but I was able to make seven with the cake mix.
6. Pour the batter into each cupcake liner and fill it up to the top. Place them in the oven for about 40 minutes or until it is fully cooked. To make sure they are cooked do the toothpick check by placing a toothpick in one cupcake and taking it out to make sure the batter is cooked well.
7. When the cupcakes are done take them out of the oven and let them cool for about ten minutes out of the muffin pan. Once it is cooled ice the cupcakes and add the sprinkles.