It’s back to school time again and in case you still haven’t already stocked up your school wardrobe yet, don’t worry. It’s never too late. With so many hot, new trends straight from fashion week, you’ll be thankful you didn’t just go ahead and stock up on the usual basics. Here is a list of 10 must have back-to-school pieces for teen fashionistas.
- OVERSIZED FLANNEL – an oversized flannel is a must have for any stylish teen’s back to school wardrobe. It’s easy, it’s chic and it goes well with just about anything in your closet. Layer it on top of a quick and basic outfit to give it more flare or tie it around your waist for a chic and edgy 90s grunge look. Either way, you’re sure to look chic while wearing one. Not to mention, it’s super warm and cozy for fall too!
- MOD SHIFT DRESS – for the girly girls out there who love a good dress or two, a mod shift dress is a definite must. Go for a mod one with color blocking details to liven up a rather dull and dark fall look or simply go with the flow and opt for one in a staple fall color but with interesting print details.
- LACE UP BOOTS – lace up shoes and sandals were a big hit in the summer and spring time so for fall this year, why not continue the trend and opt for lace up boots instead of last year’s trendy moto boots? Sure, you can still wear those on days when you want a little rough and rugged added to your look but on all the other days, I’m sure a pair of lace up ones wouldn’t hurt.
- MILITARY INSPIRED JACKETS – I’m pretty sure you already have at least one classic coat or jacket in your closet so if you’re looking for an outerwear to add to your collection, forget about the classics and the basics for a while and go for something a little more trendy and a bit utilitarian such as a military inspired jacket or even a parka, if you please.
- DENIM MIDI SKIRT – denim skirts are back on so if you’re a fan of fashion back in the 90s, this is something you can’t miss. Opt for a front button denim midi for a full 90s look, feel and vibe and pair it up with a classic striped tee or go for something more feminine like a pleated denim midi paired up with a dressy top for a chic and ladylike look.