Hello there pretties here is my Mario Badescu Skin Care Drying Lotion Review!
Another post! It’s a good sign though.. Anyways…
I recently had terrible break-outs.. So, upon searching and goggling, I have discovered this little pink wonder in the bottle, Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I was so excited about this product, but left me with some disappointment because of my huge expectation..
What is it?
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is meant to be used as a spot treatment, so it is not an all over facial treatment. The product works by drying out the pimple or whitehead you apply it to, with results often being visible overnight.
The product is applied by using a cotton swab only on the problem area.
Does it work?
I was pleasantly surprised when it began to shrink my pimple overnight! For the first few weeks of application, it decreased the size of my painful swelling pimples and wasn’t red as they were. Just a dab was all I needed and my whiteheads will dry up. I got so happy, and with my amusement I kept on using it every night.. but after 2 weeks and so, it stopped working.. I don’t know if my skin get used to it or what =)) magic lost…
For reference, I have oily and acne prone skin.
Anyways here are my fair decent strike——–
What I Love…
- great for whiteheads and pimples.
- less drying and irritating than many acne products.
- it has nice cooling sensation that soothes your swelling, itchy and painful pimple.
- it can help reduce the swelling and the size of the pimple, bumps.
- great for insect bites too because of the calamine content.
What I hate…
- it’s not fragrant free, there’s a strong smell that can bother you.
- could still be very drying for some
- could minimize the size of the pimple but it doesn’t get rid of them completely in one night.
- probably, would not work well on more severe acne.
- quite expensive for a small bottle
- there’s a chance that it can rub off from your skin, when the pink treated spots touches the pillow or something while asleep, and next morning it looks like you didn’t apply any.
- may lost its wonder after few weeks of usage.
But, then again, everyone’s skin is different and react differently to products.
So, to sum everything up… It’s not a bad product at all but, not so perfect as how others described it… still would be a good product to have on hand, just in case. It’s worth a try!
Where to purchase? Rustan’s Makati, or any Essences Branch retail price PHP 1,095 (approx USD 25)