Summer is all about sporting the most fun, brightest, boldest and loudest colors, be it in fashion or in beauty. A lot of us women like to express ourselves through makeup and I think lipstick is one of the easiest ways to show your own personal style in beauty. The lipstick colors you choose somehow reflect your style and your personality. If you like reds and nudes, you’re probably the type who likes classics and sticks to them. if you have no problem wearing unconventional colors on your lips like yellow, blue or green, you’re probably a little rebel wanting to get out as much of your style out there as possible. Check out these lipstick colors to try for summer and see which ones suit your own personal style.
- Hot pink – hot pink lips are one of the best colors to sport this summer. This lip color is perfect for everyone and anyone who likes to look fun, girly and quirky all at the same time. Wear this lip color anytime you need a boost of color for your makeup look (like when you’re sporting a fresh, bare face or when you have very light makeup on) and see how a tinge of brightness can liven up a simple look. Some of the hot pink lipsticks that we love include the L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lip Color in Blushing and the NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage.
- Bright orange – you may have already this color a lot on the lips of the everyday beauty enthusiast and that’s because orange is one of the hottest makeup trends not just for summer but for spring as well. While we loved spring’s warm orange lip hues, we think we’re going to enjoy more of summer’s brighter take on this color without the red undertones. Bright orange lips may seem overwhelming at first but they’re actually pretty easy to pull off. Try L’Oreal Color Riche in Orange Tempo or Maybelline Vivid in Eclectic Orange.
- Radiant orchid – yes, Pantone’s color of the year is one of the hottest lip colors for summer this year. Purplish lipsticks aren’t something that you’d find in each and every woman’s lipstick collection and that’s because not a lot of women are keen on trying this color out but if you’re looking for an adventurous way to make a statement with your makeup for summer, try wearing radiant orchid on your lips. We love Bare Escentuals Buxom Lipstick in Swinger as well as Dose of Colors Lipstick in Lovepotion.
- Neon Coral – coral has always been a great summer color for the lips and this year, coral is still on top of our must have lip colors for summer but this time we’re stepping it up and taking it further down the road by going for a more neon-ish kind of coral. Interested in trying out this color for yourself? Check out MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt or Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Crème in Crush. Both are neon coral lip colors that are sure to make your lips pop!
- Natural and nude – not a fan of too much color on your lips in any way? Natural lips are hot for summer as well so go for nude lipsticks instead. We love Wet n Wild’s version of the lip crayon called the Megaslick Balm Stains and we love their nude shade called Nudist Colony, too! Another nude lipstick that we highly recommend is the Tom Ford in either Blush Nude (a pinky nude color) or Sable Smoke (a beige-y kind of nude).