A leather dress can be a little intimidating on a lot of women and you can’t blame them. Just leather on its own can already be overwhelming and wearing it as a dress can double that feeling, especially when it turns out to be a rather sexy cut. Some women tend to stay away from wearing leather dresses because they fear it might make them look a little too racy but there are tons of ways to look classy in one. Here are some tips on how to look ladylike when wearing a leather dress.
- Choose a modest cut – anything leather can be really sexy and that includes a leather dress. If you’re afraid you’ll end up with a racy look, just make sure to choose a leather dress with a modest style / cut and you should be good to go. A classic sheath is a safe choice though there are tons of other cuts that can help you channel a ladylike look in a leather dress as well.
- Avoid sexy details – another thing you can do to create a more ladylike look is to avoid sexy details when picking a leather dress. Having sexy details like cut outs can give you a really racy look and if that’s not what you want then it’s best to avoid them.
- Mix it up with lace – lace never fails to soften up any look and if you think that a plain leather dress is just too sleek, too sexy, or too racy for you, you can always achieve a more ladylike look by mixing it up with lace. Try a leather and lace dress or accessorize your look with lace accents. How you incorporate leather with lace is totally up to you.
- Look for a non-black leather dress – google up the term ‘lace dress’ and you’ll see sleek, black leather dresses all over the page and while I have nothing against a good leather LBD, sometimes, it can be a little too much. For a softer and more ladylike look, why not try a leather dress in a different color like pink or red?
- Dress it up – even the most subtle touches can make a big difference when you’re wearing something as intimidating as a leather dress. Try giving your leather dress a more ladylike look by adding girly accessories and feminine accents like dainty jewelry, a chic belt, or a flirty hair and makeup look.