Labor Day is coming up, have you got your outfit planned? We all know white is, like, the standard color when it comes to Labor Day dressing but that doesn’t mean you have to garb yourself up in white, even if you don’t want to. There’s really no written rule about it so it’s fine if you want to wear something else. In fact, with so many things to do during Labor Day Weekend and on Labor Day itself, wearing white may not be a very practical choice. In case you’re still not set with what to wear, here are some Labor Day outfit ideas for weekend activities (from brunch with the family to a full night of partying with the gang) that might inspire you.
- Weekend brunch outfit – a maxi skirt or a maxi dress with a shirt or a tank top, I find, would make a great outfit if you want something safe, simple and relaxed for a weekend brunch. Just throw a light cardigan on top and you’d be good to go. If you don’t like maxis, you can always just go with any dress and a cute pair of shoes. A jeans-and-t-shirt kind of outfit would do, too, if you’re looking for a more made up look or ditch regular jeans for distressed boyfriend jeans for an edgy street style look.
- Lazy day out and about – spending a lazy day out doesn’t mean you have to look lazy and disheveled as well. Choose to wear something casual but fun, like shorts, a shirt and a hat or maybe you can go with wearing a mini skirt along with a really cute top and finishing the outfit off with low key sneakers.
- Casual cookout – unless you’re the one who’s doing the dirty work, take this chance and sport that all white ensemble you’ve been waiting to wear all year long. If you want to break free from the traditional all-white outfits for Labor Day, you can also go with a chambray and jeans or denim shorts, instead, for a trendy denim on denim look or a chambray shirt and a pair of white shorts for a classy, crisp summer look. Make the most out of what remains of summer and accessorize with a cute hat for that fun summer feel.
- Beach day – Labor Day means summer’s almost over so why not go to the beach one last time to celebrate the holiday? Beach day is another perfect excuse to wear a crisp white head to toe outfit, if you want, but know that you have other choices as well such as wearing your Daisy Dukes, crop tops and fun dresses.
- Posh picnic at the park – we all love a good picnic every now and then so why not take the time to gather your friends and family, prepare your favorite food, take them to the park and have a picnic? Now, dressing up for a picnic isn’t as easy as you think. Jeans can be a little too uncomfortable when you have to sit on the ground so I would suggest going with loose dressy shorts instead or maybe even culottes. If you’re a girly girl, dresses are fine too as long as they’re long enough to keep you covered whilst seated. For a truly comfortable option that’s sure to keep you looking stylish at the same time, go for a romper.