Sheer clothing is one of the trends that are becoming popular for spring and summer this year which isn’t surprising at all because it’s gorgeous and really comfy, too. Sheer clothing, however, isn’t something a lot of women are willing to wear all the time. Sheer clothing shows off more skin than your usual outfit so it can be a little tricky to pull off, especially when you don’t want to look too sexy. Here are some tips on how to wear sheer clothes.
- COVER UP JUST A LITTLE BIT – if you want to wear sheer clothes but you don’t want to show off too much skin, cover up by topping off your outfit with a nice outerwear like a blazer or a jacket. This is also the perfect way to wear sheer clothes at the office and get away with it without breaking the dress code. If you don’t want sleeves, you can always opt for vests instead.
- SHEER PANELS – another way to make sheer clothes look a little bit more conservative and daytime-friendly is to choose pieces with sheer panels instead of an all-sheer piece. This will get you more covered up and will help up your outfit’s style game. Sheer panels are often strategically placed so that the piece creates a peek-a-boo effect for your skin.
- SHEER OVERLAY – got a totally sheer piece that you want to wear but don’t want to show too much skin by just wearing underwear underneath? Wear something that offers more coverage like a bralette, a corset or a tube top instead. If possible, wear something in a color that either creates contrast or complements the color of your sheer top. This way, your undergarment will look like an intentional part of the outfit.
- DARK SHEERNESS – one of my personal favorite ways to wear sheer clothes is to wear them dark. I think dark sheer fabric is the perfect way to add just the right amount of classy sexiness to any look. It’s also a great way to make the sheerness more subtle, in case you don’t want it to be too obvious and covering up isn’t an option.
- WITH DETAIL – lastly, if you want to wear sheer clothes but you don’t want it to be the focal point of your outfit, wear it with detail. Pick out a sheer piece with embellishments, print or other designs to take away some of the ‘sheerness’ and make way for the other details.