We all know leggings are not pants, thanks to the million fashion bloggers out there who make it a point to remind us of this every time, especially when spring and summer comes around. Just because they’re not pants doesn’t mean you can’t wear them like such, though. Some women don’t like wearing leggings because they know other people will shoot them odd looks once they’re out in public but that doesn’t always have to be the case. If you’re wearing your leggings to the gym for yoga or for working out, it’s fine to wear the regular ones. If you’re going out in public, at least try to make sure you wear leggings that are thick enough to not allow your undergarments to leave a trace. Here are some tips on how to wear leggings. Check them out and see how you can wear this piece outdoors without getting the look from others.
- Choose leggings made of thick fabric – as mentioned above, one of the reasons why women tend to get odd looks from others is because the leggings you wear are too thin that they either show traces of your undergarments or are too sheer that you can actually see through them. To avoid this, go for really good quality leggings that are made with thick fabric.
- With long tops – another way to wear leggings without getting too much negative attention is to wear long tops with it. You don’t have to wear them with super long tops, just tops that are long enough to cover your rear, especially when you’re wearing the rather sheer leggings that make your undergarments slightly obvious and visible.
- Underneath skirts and dresses – during the colder months of fall and winter, leggings can be used to provide warmth for the legs by wearing them underneath skirts and dresses. This is perfect if you have a dress that bares the legs but you don’t want them freezing out in the cold. You can wear your leggings underneath maxi dresses and maxi skirts as well. It’s like having a secret source of warmth for your legs.
- Printed – if you’re still not confident about wearing leggings in plain solid colors because you fear that your underwear might make a trace on them (especially when you’re not wearing those seamless underwear pieces), you can wear printed leggings instead. The prints will make the underwear trace less obvious and will distract the eyes from catching the flaw.
- Try them in different colors – one of the biggest trends in denims today is no longer to wear them in the regular dark, light or medium wash but in different colors as well. Leggings, too, come in different colors so if you’re looking for a way to add a pop of color to your outfit, this is the way to wear your leggings.
- Consider jeggings – I don’t get people who don’t like jeggings. I mean, what more could you ask for? You get the comfort of leggings and the look of jeans, isn’t that just the dream? If you’re not too comfortable with wearing leggings out in public, give jeggings a try. It might just be what you’ve been looking for.