High waisted jeans were really popular back in the 80s and they have made a huge comeback in the fashion world recently, luring fashion lovers from all over the world into slipping in a pair and rocking them like nobody’s business. One of the things that I like best about high waisted jeans is that they can help make you look taller and thinner when you wear them right. Here are a few tips and ideas on how to wear high waisted jeans.
- Wear it with crop tops – spring and summer are the perfect seasons for crop tops so take advantage and wear your high-waisted jeans with your favorite one! The combination of a crop top and a pair of high waisted jeans can make you look so much taller and if you want to look even taller just finish off your outfit with a good pair of heels.
- Tuck your top in – another really chic way to wear your high-waisted jeans is with your top tucked in. This gives off the same illusion of a slimmer and taller silhouette as with the crop top and high waist combo.
- Wear it skinny – skinny cut high waisted jeans are perfect for showing off your curves and making your legs look longer. If this is the effect you want to achieve, wear skinny high waisted jeans.
- With a long outerwear – if you’re all about creating balance within your look, wearing a long outerwear such as a floor-length cardigan, midi-length, coat, or a maxi vest might just be the styling trick you need to do.
- Pair it with a statement belt – if you’ve got curves to show or if you want the attention to be on your midsection, you can always pair your high waisted jeans with a statement belt. This could be anything from a colorful belt to one with a really chic buckle.
- Wear it with a body suit – this combo is a staple in the wardrobes of the Kardashian-Jenner girls, Chrissy Teigen, and many other style stars who love to show off their curves. It’s something that you can wear if you want to look sexy and chic in an instant without much effort, too.
- Cropped – want to look even taller than you already do? Wear cropped high waisted jeans instead of the regular ones. Be sure to have your hems hit the skinniest part of your calves for best results!