Espadrilles always become a hot commodity in the fashion scene once summertime hits but I think it could use more exposure and could gain more popularity if more fashionistas only saw the beauty that these fab footwear have to offer. What I personally love about espadrilles is that they’re comfy and they’re stylish at the same time plus they have a very unique look to them. If you’re planning on getting yourself a pair, check out these ideas on how to wear espadrilles for summer.
- WITH SHORTS – shorts and espadrilles make for the perfect hot summer afternoon outfit. Denim cutoffs and espadrilles have that relaxed summer vibe that you’ll want for everyday looks. You can also pair up your espadrilles with dressier shorts like lace or silk to give the a more casual look and feel.
- ESPADRILLE WEDGES – if you’re not into slip-ons, you can always opt for something a little more girly and feminine like wedges. Espadrille wedges are perfect to wear with summer sundresses because they add such a nice and chic edge to the look.
- GLAM WITH SEQUINS – think espadrilles are a tad too casual for your liking or if you simply want to add a bit of glam to your everyday look without going over the top, a pair of espadrilles embellished with sequins is sure to get the job done for you.
- DRESSY – love the comfort from espadrilles but hate how they’re so simple and plain? Why not go for a dressier pair? Espadrilles used to be made only of cloth but today, there are much more designs to choose from. From lace to snakeskin – you name it and you’ll find an espadrille made out of it. Dressy espadrilles are perfect for when you need something to glam up a simple look with.
- IN BRIGHT COLORS – make your espadrilles the focal point of your outfit by wearing them in bright colors that will surely catch the eye. Neon espadrilles make the perfect accompaniment to your summer denim ensembles. If you’re looking to take your espadrilles from day to night, a metallic pair might just be what you need.
- PRINTED AND PATTERNED – if you’re not feeling the bold colors, though, you can also switch it up and opt for a printed or patterned instead. Stripes make a great print / pattern if you’re looking for something versatile. Otherwise, you can also go for florals or even animal prints.