Ways to Wear Printed Maxi Dresses
- Angular Prints. Full-length is how to wear a maxi dress in prints. Zigzag prints play with your vision, making you focus on the curve-making print rather than the actual bodyshape of a person. Angular prints cancreate curves, give you an illusion of a curvy body and height, or make you look less taller if you think you’re too tall.
- Curved Prints. These definitely accentuate curves. If plus-sized women want to flaunt their voluptuous body, this is the right type of prints to choose. Stay away from super curved patterns if you don’t want to look so huge and cartoonish. Soft lines will do.
- Vertical Stripes. Look taller in these stripes, especially when they’re black and white. Short girls, here’s your chance to turn that height fantasy into a mere reality. Winks.
- Color-blocking Prints. Clashing colors, like the ones opposite each other in the colorwheel are very trendy these days. These block prints include really solid colors.
- Small Prints. Smaller girls can’t go wrong in tiny prints yet they can still try the spacy ones if they want to look wider. If you’re skinny, keep in mind that the only prints you can wear in a maxi are the ones smaller than your fist.
- Big Prints. For bigger women, big prints are good if they want to look even bigger. However, like curved prints, it can also highlight their curves. Beware of spacey prints
- Horizontal Stripes. Wider and shorter is how you’d look in these, unless you only have the prints at the middle and plain solid color at the sides. On tall and thin girls, it works perfectly if they don’t mind losing a few inches in height and widening at the sides.
- Floral Prints. Flowers always romanticize an outfit no matter what color. Only wear a floral maxi dress that has prints on the places you want to accentuate. Stay away from dresses that has prints on the parts you don’t like.
- Polkadot Prints. Crush big polkadots out of your shopping list and kindly eliminate from wardrobe, unless you’re looking forward to appear the biggest size ever. If you really want to wear polkadot prints, pick the small ones with darker backgrounds for a slimming effect.