Often, when we think about adding a leather piece to our wardrobe, our first thought would be to either go for leather accessories (shoes, bags, etc.) or a leather jacket. While there’s nothing wrong with wanting to add those pieces first, I think it would be nice to, every once in a while, stray away from mainstream fashion and go for something a little less common. A leather skirt is a great addition to any wardrobe. It’s the perfect piece to reach out for if you want something that’s both feminine and edgy at the same time. It’s also a unique way to add a touch of leather to your look. Here are some tips and ideas on how to wear a leather skirt.
- SEXY – just leather fabric alone added to any look can instantly add a sexy vibe to your look but if you want to turn it up a notch and look even hotter, your best bed would be a mini leather skirt. I think leather miniskirts are amazing. They can make you look super sexy without making your whole outfit look racy or cheap.
- FRINGED FOR FALL – give your leather skirt a makeover for fall by adding fringes to it. If you’re buying, you can buy a fringed leather skirt from your favorite brand / store but if you’re on a budget, you can DIY your own fringed leather skirt instead for a more practical yet just as stylish option. Click here or here for fun and easy to follow tutorials for a DIY fringed leather skirt.
- PLEATED – if you think leather is a little too manly for your ultra feminine style, you can always soften the look up by wearing a pleated leather skirt. Pleats not only add texture and volume to your overall look, they also create that soft flow throughout your outfit that gives it a nice girly vibe.
- WRAP AROUND STYLE – a wrap around skirt never hurt anyone. In fact, a wrap around skirt is one of the most flattering skirt styles you can wear, no matter what your body shape is. Give the good ol’ wrap around skirt an edgier twist by opting for it in leather.
- STUDDED – on the other hand, if you don’t care much for looking sweet and girly all the time, you can try channeling your inner rocker chick instead by opting for a studded leather skirt (preferably in black). Pair it up with a cool graphic tee and some ankle boots for an outfit that’s chic and edgy.