Fluted skirts are very versatile and they’re universally flattering as well. If you’re looking for a skirt that will give you a shapely silhouette or something that can balance out a rather robust curve then this is something that you should definitely consider adding to your wardrobe. The fluted skirt also goes by a lot of other names including the mermaid skirt, the trumpet skirt and the flared hem skirt. It can be worn to achieve lots of different looks from the 20s flapper look to a simple but flirty modern day look. If you’re thinking of getting your hands on one soon, check out these ideas on how to wear a fluted skirt for inspiration.
- For the office – one really nice way to wear a fluted skirt is to wear it with either a dressy button up or a blazer and wear it to the office. The fluted skirt makes a really nice alternative to the usual pencil skirt and is perfect on days when you just want to look and feel a little bit more girly than usual and less formal and stuffy. Make sure to keep the rest of your outfit more structured to keep the look appropriate for the office instead of looking more casual.
- With a chunky / heavy top – if you’re trying to achieve that slouchy yet chic look for fall, the fluted skirt is one of the best things that you can wear to get it. Wear a chunky / heavy top like a sweater or a cape and pair it up with your fluted skirt and you have yourself an easy, relaxed and laidback look that’s perfect for lazy days.
- On trend with a crop top – we all know crop tops have been one of the biggest trends in the fashion world lately. In fact, they’ve become so big that fashionistas have found clever ways to wear them all year long. Yep, even during the freezing cold days of winter. If you like being on trend, one really cute outfit you can create is that of a fluted skirt and a crop top. It’s very girly and sweet as well as a little flirty and is perfect for dates.
- Fancy for a party – because of the cute silhouette that the fluted skirt has, it can easily be worn with a dressy top and be ready for a party. To make it even more party-ready, try to get your hands on a fluted skirt with interesting details like something with a bold print or one that’s embellished with gun stuff like beads or glitter or sequins.
- Back to basics – lastly, if you’re looking for a way to get the most bang for your buck from purchasing a fluted skirt, I would suggest getting a basic one in a fairly neutral color. This makes it easier for you to mix and match your fluted skirt with anything, no matter what color, style, cut or level of frilliness it may have.