Fall season and crop tops aren’t usually what you’d expect to come together beautifully but if you know what you’re doing, you can definitely pull it off. Many people associate crop tops with summer but that doesn’t mean you can’t wear them after that, right? With so many fashion and style bloggers inspiring us to wear one of summer’s most beloved piece for fall, we just can’t help but fall in love with the crop top all over again. If you’ve been looking for ways to wear them again, check out these tips on how to wear a crop top in fall.
- LONG SLEEVED – apparently, one of the best ways to wear a crop top in fall is to wear it long sleeved so that you can still somehow keep yourself warm. Long sleeved crop tops are very interesting and they make great street style looks. You can wear them with jeans for an easy but chic outfit or with a skater skirt and a pair of tights for something a little more girly and cute.
- IN A DARK COLOR – to lend this summer staple a more fall – friendly vibe, you can opt for one in a dark color instead of a fun, funky and bright one. If this is too dull or boring for you, you can always opt for a printed piece but still in dark and warm fall colors. Keep in mind that the prints you choose should be fall-friendly as well.
- TOPPED OFF WITH OUTERWEAR – if you don’t want to spend a ton on new crop tops and you simply want to keep using the ones you already have from spring and summer, you can do so and warm up by topping your outfit off with an outerwear of choice. A structured blazer will give your crop top a more polished look while a loose and free-flowing maxi cardigan will help you achieve that effortless Bohemian style.
- UNDER DUNGAREES – dungarees are pretty much a fall staple so they’re perfect for really getting a lot of that autumnal aura going on in your look. Wear your crop top under your favorite dungarees – whether plain, printed, denim, leather or whatnot – for a fun street style fall outfit with a hint of a throwback from the nineties.
- OVER A BUTTON DOWN – now, for a fabulous layered look, how about wearing your crop top over a button down shirt? This look is a great excuse to wear crop tops to the workplace. A crisp white button down is perfect if you don’t want it to look like you have to much going on. If you’re after making a statement, though, a printed crop top over a printed button up is a surefire way to catch people’s attention.