Since spring is just around the corner, I think it would be nice to start adding more spring staples to your wardrobe and start taking less of the winter basics. One spring essential that I really think no one should be without is a cardigan. Here are some tips on how to wear a cardigan and look chic and cute in it.
- OVERSIZED – an oversized cardigan is the best way to go if you’re looking for something super casual and chic with an easy and laidback vibe. Oversized everything is on trend right now and cardigans are perfect to wear oversized because you can just cozy up in them and look cute at the same time. Make sure you don’t wear any more oversized pieces with one, though, so you don’t end up with a frumpy look.
- KNITTED – knitted cardigans are perfect for the earlier days of spring when the temps have not quite gone up yet because they can keep you warm but not so much that you end up sweating. They’re also great for chilly spring evenings.
- PRINTED – if you think your outfit needs a little more zest to it, why not give it just that with a printed cardigan? Printed cardigans are great for adding a pop of color to your look as well as an interesting look to it. In fact, you can start wearing printed cardigans on top of your winter outfits now to liven them up and give them that much anticipated spring vibe.
- BELTED – if you want to keep the silhouette of your main outfit but you still want to top it off with a nice and light cardigan for extra warmth, you can always belt it up so can keep a shapely silhouette. This works great if you have a really loose cardigan that you want to wear over a nice-fitting dress. Just cinch up the waist to give it a little more shape and definition and you’re good to go.
- MAXI – for those of you who want to add more movement and drama to your look, the maxi cardigan is for you. Maxi cardigans are floor length cardigans and they’re often made of very thin and light material so they move as you move which is great for adding a dramatic effect to your look.
Are you excited for spring? Tell us how you like to wear your cardigans for spring. We think maxi cardigans are really chic but what’s your favorite cardigan style?