Staying stylish in winter when getting warm and comfy is top priority can be challenging. Sure, you have a few really gorgeous winter wear that you can wear to look effortlessly chic but you can only wear these again and again for so long so you have to have another plan for looking great whilst staying warm. If you don’t already have one, why not check out our tips and tricks below on how to stay stylish all winter long.
- ADD A POP OF COLOR TO YOUR LOOK – we tend to gravitate more towards darker colors in the winter and often, that gives us a very boring look so to avoid that, make sure to add at least a pop of color somewhere in your outfit. It could be a bright cami underneath that thick and heavy coat or a cute and colorful beanie to top off a head to toe black look.
- INVEST IN NEUTRAL TALL BOOTS – tall boots are all the rage this season so investing in a neutral pair is something that you should definitely look into if you’re shopping around for worthwhile investments to add to your wardrobe this winter. These are great for maintaining a balanced and streamlines silhouette despite heavy layering in winter.
- LAYER UP – speaking of layering, have you mastered the art of this styling trick yet? The rule in general is to keep it to 3 layers max but sometimes breaking the rules can be rewarding. Personally, I like to keep piling on the layers until I get warm enough as long as I don’t end up looking too chunky or bulky.
- SCARVES ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS – if there’s one winter accessory you shouldn’t be without, it’s a scarf. They’re simple and they don’t seem like much but they can really add lots of style to your outfit, especially if it’s a plain one.
- WINTER ACCESSORIES ARE A MUST – and while we’re on the subject of winter accessories like scarves, why not get yourself a few others like ear muffs and beanies? These are going to keep you warm but will also make you look more stylish. You can use these winter accessories to bring more color, print and pattern to your look, too.
- LIGHTEN UP – lastly, if you want to stand out and look stylish all winter long, try not to get pulled into wearing too much of the darker colors and try wearing more of the lighter and brighter ones instead.