The second month of the year has just started, how are you holding up with that New Year’s resolution you made when the year started? If you included saving up more money and spending less in your New Year’s resolution list, I’m sure you’ve already started looking for ways to do just that. In case you still haven’t cut back on your spending as much as you would like, check out these tips on how to spend less on beauty and still look fabulous.
- DON’T SKIP THE BASICS – if you want to avoid spending so much on treating skin issues, it’s important to take good care of your skin first and that means doing all the basic necessities needed to achieve clear, glowing skin. Cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating should be a part of your skincare routine. For the face, especially, don’t forget to take off your makeup at night. Remember that prevention is always better (and cheaper) than cure.
- WAIT ‘TIL YOU HIT PAN – sometimes, the biggest splurge comes from buying products that you don’t need so to avoid this, make sure that you hit pan on your current product first before purchasing another one. It can be tempting to get your hands on the newest releases but remember that you can only wear so much product in a day.
- MAKE YOUR OWN TREATS – face masks are nice but they’re not necessary and so are bath fizzies and hair masks but if you still want something to pamper yourself with, why not make your own beauty treats? You can make these with ingredients that you can easily find at home – some in your kitchen and some from the bathroom and your own vanity.
- BUY MULTI-TASKERS – products that multi-task will save you lots of cash. Instead of buying 2 or more, you only have to buy one. Some of the most popular and most useful multi-tasking products include all-in-one beauty oils and cleansers, lip and cheek tints, dual-ended concealer and highlighter sticks and even x-in-one tools.
- GO FOR PALETTES – palettes allow you to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to diversity and options. You get lots of colors in one and pay way less than you would if you were to get each product / color separately. These are great for beginners, too, who would like something to play around with without wasting lots of money on high end products.
- INVEST IN BEAUTY TECH TOOLS – tools like the Clarisonic, Personal Microdermabrasion gadgets, teeth whitening kits and even airbrush systems may seem like big ticket purchases and they are, really, but they do pay off in the long run in so many ways so if you have some cash to splurge, splurge on these.