No matter what your style is, a trench coat is something that you should never be without. It’s a classic piece that you can wear all year round, after all. Today, trench coats come in all styles and colors so finding one that suits your taste really shouldn’t be a challenge. What’s challenging, though, is finding the perfect one to add to your wardrobe. Lucky for you, we have a few tips on how pick out the perfect trench coat.
- PICK YOUR COLOR – as said earlier, trench coats today come in all colors and even prints and patterns. To pick out the perfect trench coat, choose a color that you know you will be able to wear. Neutral colors like black, white, camel and even navy prove to be great versatile choices for when you’re on a budget but if you have some trench coat money to burn, why not go for a bold and bright statement piece?
- MAKE SURE IT FITS RIGHT – another key to picking out the perfect trench coa is the fit. It should be nice and snug enough to keep you warm but loose enough so that you can still freely move around in it as well as have something underneath it for layering. This is why it is more ideal to buy a trench coat from the store rather than online.
- DECIDE ON THE MATERIAL – trench coats can be made from different kinds of fabric and choosing the material to get your trench coat in should depend on how and how often you plan to use it. A great everyday trench coat should be made of durable fabric like nylon and cotton combined. Waterproof materials are great, too, especially for spring.
- CHECK THE LENGTH – length is another important factor to consider when buying a trench coat. You’ll want your trench coat to be at about mid-knee length. Anything longer may make you look shorter than you really are. Sleeve length is important, too, because trench coats don’t look very good with rolled up / cuffed sleeves so you really have to make sure they’re the perfect length.
- PAY ATTENTION TO LITTLE DETAILS – lastly, pay attention to details, even the smallest ones. Would you rather have a tie around closure or a D-ring buckle? Button placement, pockets, coat lining and overall style are just among the many details you should check on when finding the perfect trench coat.