Some of you may have already gone on spring break while others still have a few days to go to plan out the perfect vacation for this year. Whether you’re staying where you are and opting for a local resort or you’re going somewhere far and fun, one thing is for sure: you’ll be catching a lot of sun and you’ll be getting drenched in water. What good is spring break without a bit of swimming anyway, right? if you’re worried that all these are going to leave your makeup messed up, check out these tips on how to make your makeup spring break proof.
- Look for waterproof makeup – obviously, one of the first steps to making sure that your makeup stays despite getting drenched in water after a lap or two is to use waterproof makeup. You can get waterproof makeup from any drugstore or beauty store. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to check out the ingredients first. Also, you’ll want an oil-based makeup remover for taking it off later.
- Also, look for something hydrating – you might think all the water you’re swimming in is going to give your skin the boost it needs to make you look flawless but no. You need to either drink up or look for makeup that will quench your skin’s thirst. Makeup won’t look so good if you have dry and flaky skin.
- Consider tattooing makeup – this one may seem a bit scary but it might just be what you need, not just for spring break but for your everyday busy life as well. With your makeup inked in, you won’t have to worry about it washing off as soon as you take a dip in the water. It’s also going to save you lots of time every morning because you’ll be waking up looking flawless every single day.
- Or try peel-off makeup – peel-off makeup is one of the hottest makeup trends right now. It originally came from Korea but is now making rounds worldwide. Peel off makeup creates a stain that can last anywhere from 2 to 4 days which is why they’ll be perfect for spring break. Plus, they’re a lot less scary than tattooed makeup.
- Use a setting spray – for a really quick way to make sure your makeup lasts while you’re enjoying your spring break vacay, just get a really good setting spray. Urban Decay has one that will help you make sure your makeup stays in place.