Not everyone is blessed to have been born with supermodel status legs like Kendall Jenner, Karlie Kloss or even Taylor Swift. Having long, slender and beautifully toned legs can give you a huge confidence boost, especially if you’re someone who likes to show off some skin by wearing cutesy little skirts, shorts and dresses. Thankfully, you don’t have to be born with long legs to make it look like you have gams for days. Here are some tips and ideas on how to make your legs look longer.
- WEAR HEELS – it’s the easiest and most foolproof way to give your legs some boost when it comes to the length department. Heels can make your legs look longer while also making your outfit look more stylish so that’s like hitting two birds with one stone which is always a win, win situation. Make sure to opt for a comfy pair if you’re planning on strutting your stuff in heels all day. Gel inserts, I find, are extremely handy and helpful when it comes to these situations.
- WEAR NUDE, POINTY SHOES – nude, pointy shoes are proven to give the illusion of longer legs, especially when they match the wearer’s skin color. It creates the illusion of a long and continuous line which creates the look of longer legs. Find a pair that matches your skin perfectly and you’re set for life (or until you need to buy a new pair, that is).
- WEAR HIGH WAISTED BOTTOMS – high waisted bottoms emphasize and elongate your legs which is great if you’re looking for ways to fake a longer pair of gams. Aside from that, high waisted bottoms are also great for creating a slimmer silhouette.
- WEAR VERTICAL PATTERNS – vertical stripes are perfect for elongating your whole silhouette, not just your legs. Although, of course, if you wish to focus on elongating your legs, you can do that too by wearing vertical stripes on your bottoms. Other vertical patterns help in making your legs look longer as well.
- WEAR THE RIGHT LENGTH – love skirts and dresses? Make sure to pick out pieces that are the right length. Skirts and dresses can make your legs look longer as long as they’re the right length. The good thing about being petite is that you can pull off just about any length but one thing you need to keep in mind is to never let your dresses or skirt hit your calves as this will make you look short and stumpy.