If you’re a makeup and beauty junkie, chances are that you know what a Beauty Blender is. You might even have one yourself that you use to apply your makeup daily. The Beauty Blender is basically a makeup sponge with an ergonomic shape that allows women to apply their makeup easily and more flawlessly. If you own a beauty blender and you want to get the best bang for your buck, check out these tips on how to make the most out of your beauty blender.
- WET IT – the Beauty Blender doubles up in size when it is wet but aside from that, it’s also when this tool works best. When applying makeup, make sure to wet your beauty blender thoroughly by soaking it in water asn then squeeze out the excess water, leaving the sponge damp. This will help make your makeup more blendable and will allow your Beauty Blender to work its magic beautifully on your skin. Wetting the sponge also prevents it from absorbing the products you use it with.
- STIPPLE ONLY – many women make the mistake of dragging, rubbing, and even rolling their Beauty Blender on their skin when applying their makeup with this tool. This is not the right way to do it, ladies. Instead, use quick stippling motions when applying makeup with your sponge. This will give you a nice and natural finish that your friends are surely going to be jealous of.
- USE IT FOR YOUR LIPS AND CHEEKS – if you think the beauty blender is for applying foundation and concealer only, think again! This amazing beauty tool can also be used to apply blush and achieve a naturally flushed look. Just tap it on your blush pan lightly, dribble on your cheeks with quick stippling motions and you’re done! You can also use it to apply lip tints to achieve a more even, natural look.
- USE IT FOR GRADIENT NAILS – if you have a very old Beauty Blender that needs to be replaced, don’t throw it out yet. It may be too torn and worn (maybe even too dirty) to use on your face but you can still use it on your nails to create an amazing gradient / ombre nail art look.
- CLEAN IT OFTEN – to make your Beauty Blender last as long as possible, it is important to keep it clean. You can purchase a Beauty Blender bundle that comes with the soap / cleaner or you can use your regular brush cleaning solution to clean out your tool.